Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson.
The Bible promises us 70 years. Many will live beyond that.
Tomorrow hasn’t arrived, and yesterday is clearly gone, so neither really matter, do they?
What you do today – in the next 86,400 seconds — will determine your tomorrow. Today’s decisions determine tomorrow’s destiny. In that way, you can know what tomorrow will bring.
In sales, the time you put in today prospecting generally reaps a return in 60-90 days. In farming, what you plant today will typically show up in 90 days or up to a year in some climates. Likewise, you will reap the harvest — good and/or bad — from the seed you plant today.
What seed will you plant today? Help someone? Impact the life of a child? Call that relative you haven’t spoken to in a decade? Start the journey to that dream?
If you listen for that still, small voice of God, today will be magnificent, and you will make a difference.
Because, at the end of this day, it’s one of the most important questions you’ll ask yourself: What did I do with the last 86,400 seconds? Go ahead, dare to make a difference! Leave someone better than you found them. Plant a seed of hope and encouragement.
You have a future and a hope. You can become a champion. No exceptions, no special cases, no “yeah, buts”, and best of all, no rejections! That means you have no excuses, only a choice to make. You can continue to sit on the sidelines in your comfort zone or make a choice to get up, get out of the rut and go after what you want.
Whatever that is, it’s your choice. No one can stop you but you!
What’s holding you back? Go ahead. Plant a seed today and make a difference tomorrow.
- The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. We carry the seeds of the one or the other about with us in our minds wherever we go. ~Martha Washington.
- Life is a matter of choices, and every choice you make makes you. ~John C. Maxwell
- Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street. ~Zig Ziglar.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is now. Chinese Proverb
- What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable? ~John Green.
- The trouble with excuses, however, is that they become inevitably difficult to believe after they’ve been used a couple of times. ~Scott Spencer
- If the beat sounds normal, evacuate the dance floor immediately! The goal is to not be normal because normal is broke. ~Dave Ramsey.
- Mediocrity is a region bound on the north by compromise, on the south by indecision, on the east by past thinking, and on the west by a lack of vision. ~John Mason.