Everyone wants to be a millionaire, right? But are you ready to make the sacrifices and develop the habits required?
In recent weeks, it’s become evident that if you want to reach a goal, a dream or even change your life, it requires adopting a different perspective and different outlook on life. There’s always a price to pay, a sacrifice and a journey. Generally, that journey takes us outside of our comfort zone and requires a change in mindset and direction.
For example, various studies and surveys show that millionaires typically drive basic cars rather than so-called luxury vehicles. Vehicles like a Ford F-150, Jeep Grand Cherokee or Honda models. And while you may see that many live in mansions (they get the press), many actually live in basic homes. Warren Buffet is one of the world’s richest men, but he lives in a home he purchased for $31,500 in 1958. It has 5 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths.
If you want to be a millionaire, you have to act like a millionaire and think like a millionaire. In other words, adopt their traits and practices. Regardless, you certainly can improve your life with tweaks and adjustments, so here are a few things millionaires do. They will…
- Read consistently and persistently. What types of books? One survey shows they read primarily three types of books: History books, biographies of successful people and self-help or personal development books. What’s on your bookshelf?
- Get at least seven hours of sleep every night. Set your sleep schedule. It’s more valuable than you think!
- Exercise. Yep, over 70% of millionaires work out daily.
- Stay away from debt. Most millionaires work on a cash basis. They get more for their buck and don’t pay someone else for their money! It really doesn’t matter, though, if you have $1 or $1 million, you can handle this!
- Give. Millionaires understand the ROI of giving has many advantages, not only on the bank account.
- Surround themselves with mentors and other successful people. Are the people around you smarter than you or do you prefer being around people who are not as smart, productive or successful?
- Wake up early, as in 2-3 hours before most everyone else is up! Believe me, I know millionaires who are up at 4 a.m. every day! Reading, working out, getting ahead.
- Spend 30 minutes or longer every day just thinking. John Maxwell calls it “thinking for a change”.
There are other habits of millionaires, but that should set your mind to wonder how you can alter your habits and lifestyle! Start with one of those and make a change this week!