You can learn a lot when you ask the right questions. Especially when you are honest with yourself about the answers. But it’s not enough to answer the questions. The big question is what you will do with the answers.
Once you answer these questions, you will have an opportunity to take the next step. Remember, to change your life, you must change your priorities and habits. These questions will get you started on that journey and help you to identify areas of your life that you can adjust or modify.
There is no time limit and you may want to take a break. But, write down your answers, then write down the list of things you would like to change. Writing down your thoughts is critical to changing your priorities.
Ready, set, go!
- What did God say about that?
- Where are you stuck in my life? Why is that?
- What are you hanging onto that you just need to let go?
- Ten years from now, what will be important to me? Do I need to adjust my thought process and priorities now?
- If you just “went for it”, what is the worst that could happen?
- “I’m not good enough” or “I don’t have what it takes.” So, what is good enough? And what will it take?
- If your conspiracy theory is correct, what does that mean to you and your family?
- What is one thing that I must do, though I don’t look forward to it at all?
- Are you lying to yourself about something? Don’t just scroll past this one, think about it.
- Are you worrying too much about what other people think of you?
- What one thing could you do in the next hour that would change the course of your day, your week or even your life?
- What one thing could you do for someone else in the next hour that would change the course of their day, their week or even their life?
- What’s holding you back from doing that “one thing”?
- Why not? That’s the question for you: Why not?
- If the world came to an end today, what would happen to you? How do you know?
- If someone broke into your home and you were there, you’d probably pull a gun on them, right? Then why not adopt the same approach with negative or critical thoughts, misinformation, lies, gossip or innuendo? After all, it’s all in your head, so take every thought captive.
- Are you cheating yourself?
- If you had dinner with God tonight, what would you ask Him?
- What have you learned about yourself during this coronavirus circus?
- If you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired, what are you going to do about it?
- Who’s that one person that you need to either call or send a card to? Why not stop and do it right now?
- Is there something in your life you need to give up for good? For your health, finances, family, personal well-being?
- If someone wanted to invest in you (something other than money), what would you tell them you needed?
- When was the last time you did something nice for yourself?
- Who is someone you admire? What would they do in your situation?
- If I don’t change anything about my life, where will I be in 10 years? 20 years?
- What is my WHY? We’ll explore this one later, but you should think about it.
- If I could choose the last words I would say on this earth, what are they?
- Am I doing what God has called me to do?
- Are you still building a case against yourself?