Life throws mud and lemons at us — and all sorts of other stuff — sometimes. What are you going to do about it?
Between the craziness around us and setbacks in our lives, discouragement, fear and hopelessness can easily settle in and become a heavy weight.
It’s great to hear what Zig Ziglar or John Maxwell or Dave Ramsey or Churchill, Twain, Reagan, Lincoln, Gandhi, MLK, Mother Theresa or others might say to motivate or inspire you. You could sit across the dinner table from any of those great leaders and leave on Cloud 9. Pumped! Excited! Supercharged!
But what it comes down to is this: Do you have the want to? Will you get up and go after it? Do you have the guts to push through the clutter to your goal? Is the change worth it?
You do have options. You can choose to…
- Get down and wallow in the mud, or choose to stand up and fight.
- Say “woe is me!” or decide to get out of the rut.
- Believe the lies of the world, or hold fast to what God says about you.
- Stay in your comfort zone or try something different.
- Say “I’m not good enough”, “I’m not smart”, “I don’t have the money”, or “I don’t have the time.” Or believe that you are an overcomer and more than enough.
Maybe it’s time to get radical. You see, the older you get, the harder it becomes to climb out of the grave, er, I mean the rut. Whether it’s finances, weight, health, a new career or relationships, it’s much easier to make adjustments at 30 or 40 than it is 50 or 60.
So, if you’re 30 or 40 and reading, know this: The time is now! Your latitude is more considerable. You can make a mistake and recover quickly. You can take the wrong road now and get back on track. But your decisions matter, your choices matter and your attitude matters. Time is wasting, so let’s get to it!
If you’re 50 or 60 — or even older — and reading this, realize this: The time is now! The journey may be more daunting, there’s not as much room for error, not as much time to recover, but still feasible. Sit there in the rut, or climb out.
You’ve gotta have the want to!
Regardless of your age, if you’re stuck, it may be time to get radical. Radical, as in the extreme, blow it up, make a fresh start or become fanatical.
If you’re finally sick and tired of being sick and tired, this is the season. If you’ve been stuck in the rut for any length of time, then let’s be honest: What you’re doing isn’t working, is it?
Whatever your biggest challenge, perhaps it’s time to completely blow up the blueprint and start fresh.
- Haven’t been able to lose weight? Or it comes back when you lose it?
- Still struggling with those relationships? Nothing changes with the tweaks?
- Want to start that business, but money, time and resources are a problem?
- Debt keeps piling up no matter what you throw at it? Maybe it’s time for a complete money makeover!
- That old job still isn’t working for you, and you’ve tried to adjust and adapt. Don’t quit just yet, but maybe it’s time to put it on the table and do something you love!
Remember this: there is hope. You can do it! You can climb out of the rut, and you can get up off the mat!
Whatever your dilemma or conundrum, the big question is this: What are you going to do about it? And, when?
Oh, and one final thought: Get rid of the victim mindset, it doesn’t look good on you anyway. You can be a victim, but being the victim only gets you victim results, and those will always disappoint and dishearten.
You’re a winner and an overcomer! Stand up and step out!
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win. If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner. ~Zig Ziglar.