For the first time in our lives, time is standing still. Indeed, we are in the midst of extraordinary times and the signs are pointing in every direction. Which way to go? Turn left, turn right, go straight? Or, just wait and see?
In the midst of it all, people are struggling in life today more than ever. They are discouraged, hopeless, down and out, without a vision and even desperate. And, for the most part, they are scared and just can’t pull the trigger to get out of the rut.
If you fit into one of those categories, I’m writing to you today. If it’s not you, please pass it along to someone you know who needs it.
Everyone has a future and a hope, everyone can become a champion. No exceptions, no special cases, no “yeah, buts” and best of all, no rejections! That means you have no excuses, only a choice to make. You can continue to sit in your comfort zone or make the choice to get up, get out the rut and go after what you want.
Whatever that is, it’s your choice. No one can stop you but you!
What’s stopping you?
Whether it’s the fear of what others will think or the fear of failure, get going! It’s all in your head anyway. Pastor Brady Boyd says: “The worst thing you can imagine never happened.” I’ll go a step further: Most of what you think people will say or how they will react is in your mind, not theirs.
Fear cripples and crushes you. It tells you to sit down when you want to get up and go. Franklin Roosevelt describes fear this way: Fear is the “…nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.”
It’s time to just close your eyes and push through those fears. What you really want in life is actually on the other side, so use that as your incentive, your reward.
It’s your choice.
EXCUSES. And, there are plenty of them.
- I’m not good enough.
- I don’t have the training.
- I’m too old or too young.
- I probably can’t do it anyway.
- It’s a silly idea.
- It’s just not a good time.
- I’ll do that after I get through with…
These are just what I said: EXCUSES. Simply put, they are reasons you come up with to stay in the rut. Realize, though, that the excuse you’re using is simply the slogan for your choice.
In complete sentences, you’re actually saying:
- “I don’t think I’m good enough, so I’m just going to stay here where I’m not happy and discouraged.”
- “I probably couldn’t do it anyway, so I won’t try. After all, it’s safe here in the rut.”
- “Yeah, I’m too old, and the timing isn’t right, so I’ll just keep struggling paycheck-to-paycheck and hope a breakthrough comes one day.”
The real dilemma with excuses is that they wear out, and you have to find new ones. Yes, the real reason is that you’re making a choice to stay in the rut — veiled in an excuse. How’s that worked out for you? Try something different, get out of the rut! Read this: NO MORE EXCUSES
It’s your choice. What will it be?
FAILURE. They litter the highway to success.
Friend, the road to success is littered with the failures of people who have gone before you. But guess what, the farther you go down that road, the fewer failures you will see. No, it’s not because they aren’t there, it’s more because your focus and determination significantly increase with every step.
Would you rather be remembered as someone who failed a dozen times or as someone who didn’t even try? Look at it this way: If you try and fail, you’ll be somewhere you aren’t right now!
You get the idea. There are plenty of reasons you aren’t pulling the trigger to go after what you want: Fear, failure, comfort zone, procrastination, money, time, other people. Even focus, planning and desire play a considerable role.
But let’s get real here: It’s easy to become comfortable, complacent and cozy right where you are. Even though you may be miserable, discouraged, struggling and can’t pull the trigger, it’s a safe zone. A place where you are content, where the expectations are manageable, and you don’t have to change.
When tough times come, people generally rush back to what they know. It’s safe, it’s what they know.
The good news is you can get out of the rut. But you have to take the first step with your choice.
What is your dream?
- Get out of debt?
- Go after that dream job?
- Get unstuck in life?
- Enjoy life more fully?
- Travel and complete your bucket list?
- Go back to school?
- Become a writer, artist or photographer?
- Or maybe you just want to know what your dream is!
Stay in the rut where it’s safe and comfortable, or you can climb out of the rut, experience new things and live your dream. Either way, it’s a choice. Your choice!
We can help you become a champion and make life better! For you and your family! EMAIL US. We can help.
- If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. ~Jim Rohn.
- You can dance in the storm. Don’t wait for the rain to be over before because it might take too long. You can can do it now. Wherever you are, right now, you can start, right now; this very moment. ~Israelmore Ayivor
- Life is a matter of choices, and every choice you make makes you. ~John C. Maxwell
- Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street. ~Zig Ziglar.
- What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable? ~John Green.
- The trouble with excuses, however, is that they become inevitably difficult to believe after they’ve been used a couple of times. ~Scott Spencer
- If the beat sounds normal, evacuate the dance floor immediately! The goal is to not be normal because normal is broke. ~Dave Ramsey.
- Mediocrity is a region bound on the north by compromise, on the south by indecision, on the east by past thinking, and on the west by a lack of vision. ~John Mason.